At First Pentecostal Church, we have a set of beliefs that form the core foundation of our Faith. We strive to lead our lives by the example that was set by God and respect those around us.
We Believe …
- the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
- in the Blessed Hope–the Rapture of the Church–at Christ’s coming.
- the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- in Water Baptism by immersion for believers, according to Matthew 28:19.
- in the observance of the Lord’s Supper in remembrance of the death of our Lord, as outlined in 1 Corinthians 11:23-32.
- the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given believers who ask for it.
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.